Sunday, April 5, 2009

Morristown NJ UFO Hoax explained

Recently Andrea found this article in eSkeptic.  2 guys from our area in NJ staged a UFO hoax using weather ballons and flares early this year.  I did not catch this on the news originally but its pretty crazy how much coverage they got. It was on NJ Channel 12, Fox news, and even had something on the History Channel.  They said they did it mainly to show how gullible people can be when it comes to unexplainable phenomena such as UFOs.  At the bottom of the article, you can see the videos of how they setup and launched the ballons as well as the news reactions to the sightings.  

1 comment:

  1. The video was cool showing how much press the incident got and I loved the guy that kept getting interviewed and quoting "I've been in the aviation industry for over 20 years". Also, the guy who does UFO hunters and UFO magazine is a hoot. He believes every story and statement that anyone says but he does make the show interesting to watch. Anyway, I challenge any and all aliens as I do the mysterious lord. If you are here, all you have to do is come and pick me up. I consider myself a volunteer.

    ReplyDelete